Friday, March 27, 2009

Girls v.s. Boys

I am in several outlets of the pug community from rescue, to breeding, and of course the pet world. As a member of the PDCA and a breeder referral for AKC, I get several requests a day for people looking for pugs. 95% of them are looking for girls (fawn girls). Although I have a house full of girls myself, quite frankly they are a bunch of bitches. Yes, that is right a female dog is called a bitch and there is a reason for it.

The girls tend to be bossy, stubborn, and down right naughty. I cherish my girls and all BUT 1 is spayed (thank god), the additudes sometimes are just a bit much to handle. The boys....ohh how I love thee. They have what I call the Eeyore syndrome. They walk around the house as if nothing is wrong and they dont have a care in the world. To me the boys are more "companion" like, than the girls. Boys also do well in homes with small children, were as Alpha girls can have problems such as humping, etc. Yes, the girls hump!! Ohh and I bet you didn't know that girls also mark, excpet they don't lift their leg to do it, they do it on your bath mats, bed and other types of fine linens. So you still want a girl....that is cool I understand. Patients is a virtue since most breeders don't sell girls unless they have an entire litter. And in rescue we tend to get 5 boys to every 2 girls!!! Again patients.

2 comments:

  1. So true, but I can't deal with boys and their lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any puppies available? jnuhri@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete